22 Jan 2014

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday & GBFD


Stunning, isn't it!  I can say that without boasting as these plants aren't mine.  I'm blatantly taking advantage of Garden Bloggers' Foliage Day being hosted by Christina over at her blog to show you my Capel Moment from last week. I'd popped into the manor house walled garden to see if the irises were coming through (they weren't) and walked back past the greenhouses.  These coleus (correct me if I'm wrong), etc, were suddenly lit by a ray of sun, the colours so glowing I had to pop inside for a photo.  It's like autumn all over again and makes me (almost) wish I bothered with houseplants! 

11 comments:

  1. Incredibly striking, what amazing colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusual to see those colours at this time of year, CJ - that's what caught my eye!

      Delete
  2. Like you I don't really 'do' houseplants! there's been lots of discussion on previous posts about gardeners not being that good at tending plants inside the house. Thanks for linking in your post to GBFD, I hope you'll join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with CJ, they are a beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. It's amazing how colours seem to come alive with a splash of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful colours, no wonder you stopped to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful. It looks like one of the less common coleus varieties. I hope that mine grow as good as that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.... they certainly have the wow factor, they are so vibrant! Gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they look like fireworks. I always kill houseplants, though the Great British Garden Revival episode on houseplants almost had me convinced to have another go. I have to admit that I wouldn't go for coleus though, not a fan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I too say "Wow"! You'd have to reconsider you interior decor if you grew that combination though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great combination. The coleus remind me to my old collection. Several years ago, I collected more than twenties varieties of coleus. But the mites destroyed my collections.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment, it helps to know that my scribblings are being read! If you have a question, I'll answer it here or contact me via the 'Contact Me' form at the top.

Comment moderation is on to avoid spam nonsense getting published. No offence to genuine commenters who are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...